Explore Our Eyebrow Treatments in Kirkby in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire
Achieve your brows’ full potential with eyebrow treatments from our experienced beauticians in Kirkby in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire. When you visit Kristy And Co Beauty, we will select the service best suited to you and your needs. Your brows are without a doubt the most important feature to frame your face, so get in touch with our team to discuss eyebrow waxing, eyebrow tinting, and microblading with our friendly and professional team.
Eyebrow Treatments and Prices
|Brow Lamination (No Tint or Wax)
|Microblading Colour Booster
|£130 – £150 (within 24 Months)
*Patch test required. (Patch testing is available for eyebrow treatments upon request for clients with sensitivities and allergies. You are responsible for arranging your own patch test with us.)
What Is Microblading?
Microblading is a semi-permanent eyebrow procedure, whereby the practitioner will implant pigment into the skin using a handheld tool and disposable micro-blades. These fine blades help me produce soft, crisp, hair-strokes that once healed look like real hairs inside the skin.
The effects of this treatment usually last around 12 months but this varies depending on lifestyle, skin type, medication, and sun exposure. Most people are suitable for this treatment, but certain disorders are contraindicated. Colour-boosting treatments are recommended every 9 to 18 months to top up the colour and refine the shape as it softens and fades over time.
Microblading is a fantastic choice for those who have sparse brows from over-plucking, for alopecia sufferers, for people with poor eyesight, and for people who want a more perfect-looking shape with long-lasting results.
Can I Have Microblading?
Most people are suitable for this treatment, but some are not, and at your initial consultation, it is very important to be honest about your health and any medications you are taking. Microblading is not suitable for:
- Anyone Under the Age of 18
- Anyone Using Acne Medications, including Oral and Topical Medications, within the Last 12 Months
- Anyone with Previously Tattooed Brows, Unless They Are Very Faded
- Anyone Using Any Skin Peel or Anti-Ageing Products in the Area
- Anyone Who Is Pregnant or Breastfeeding
- Anyone Who Has Diabetes
- Anyone Who Has Cancer or Is Undergoing Any Type of Cancer Treatment
How Will I Know What Colour to Go for?
We offer professional advice on which pigment choice will heal best in your skin. When choosing a colour, we recommend going lighter until we see the healed results. After around 6 weeks, at your first top-up appointment, we can add a darker shade if needed. Please note that we cannot go lighter once the pigment has healed.
Hair strokes will appear crisp and bold at first but will soften in appearance as the tissue heals. Over the healing stages, natural shedding takes place and this will lighten the pigment dramatically as it sheds away, this is to be expected and is normal. It is common to have some areas fading more than others. This is part of the healing process and will be rectified at your top-up appointment.
Can I Choose My Own Shape?
To a certain extent, yes you can, and we will briefly discuss this with you at your initial consultation to see if we will be able to meet your expectations. Microblading is a natural-looking treatment and isn’t suitable for people wanting a dark, block brow. We will consider factors such as your face shape, your natural bone structure, and your natural hair growth.
During your first microblading treatment, we will use a golden ratio compass to design a bespoke brow design, tailored for you. Once your new brow shape has been outlined onto your face, we will show you this in a mirror before we go any further to make sure you are 100% happy.
What Is Included in the Price?
We always start with a free consultation to check the treatment is suitable for you, including a patch test. Once we proceed, the price of treatment includes:
- Your Initial Microblading Treatment
- Thorough Aftercare Advice
- A Top-up Treatment after 6 Weeks, to Refine Your Brows and Add More Detail Where Required
You will always need your brows waxing and tinting even after having microblading as microblading is implanting pigment inside the skin and doesn’t stop brow growth or alter your brow colour. Additional waxing and tinting treatments should be booked a week before each microblading procedure for best results. These cost £18 each and are not included in the price of the microblading treatment.
Is Microblading Painful?
The degree of discomfort is dependent on several factors, including the individual’s pain threshold, the area it is being carried out on, and the skill of the technician performing the treatment. This is not a pain-free treatment although it can be carried out without any anaesthetics.
If you are worried about the pain you can purchase EMLA cream 5g 5% from your local pharmacy or online. This can be applied 2 hours before your treatment to make the procedure more comfortable. Apply it thick and wide over the entire brow area, do not rub in. If you decide to use it, please patch-test yourself with this product at least 24 hours beforehand.
Please note the following before your procedure:
- Do not sweat or exercise on the day of your treatment.
- Do not apply makeup to the treatment area.
- Do not take aspirin, fish oil, codeine, vitamin E or ibuprofen 48-72 hours before unless medically advised. Paracetamol is acceptable.
- Additionally, you must not have taken acne medication in the 12 months prior to treatment – no exceptions. If you have oily skin, your results will look softer and more powdered instead of crisp strokes.
- Avoid caffeine/alcohol the day before and after your treatment.
- Smoking will cause the pigment to fade prematurely.
- Around your period, the treatment may be more sensitive.
- You are responsible for maintaining your appointments.
- It is recommended to have your eyebrows waxed and tinted at Kristy and Co Beauty 1 week before each microblading session. You should wait at least 30 days to have them tinted or waxed after the procedure.
- Make sure you are not tanned or sunburned on your face on the day of treatment. Avoid sun exposure for 30 days before and after treatment or retouching. Tanning will exfoliate your skin, taking colour with it as it fades and healing the pigment darker than expected. If you turn up to your appointment with a tan or sunburn (which will be determined at our discretion), you will be required to reschedule and you will lose your deposit.
- Brows that have previously had semi-permanent makeup applied may take 1-3 treatments to achieve the desired result. Scar tissue in the brow area will need additional procedures and fees will apply.
- Redheads, blondes and fair skin types may experience more swelling, redness and fading than darker hair and skin types.
- 30 minutes after your treatment, please wipe the treatment area with cool, boiled water using clean cotton pads to remove any blood/lymphatic fluid. Repeat this up to twice for the rest of the day with 2-hour intervals in between.
- Keep the area dry for the next 13 days while it heals. If you accidentally get the area wet, use a dry tissue and pat gently.
- If by day 3 or 4, you feel they are very dry and unbearably itchy, please message the salon and we will supply you with a suitable cream that must be used sparingly.
- Some itching is normal, but please don't pick, peel, or scratch the treated area as the colour may heal unevenly and you will risk scarring and infection.
- Do not apply any creams or makeup on your brows for 2 weeks after every treatment.
- You can get your brows wet after 2 weeks from your initial treatment, and only if all of the scabs have disappeared. Your aftercare procedure is just as important as your initial treatment.
- Absolutely NO exercise, swimming, sunbathing, sun beds, saunas, direct shower spray, water or makeup should be applied in the area during the healing period. (14 days after treatment)
- Only touch the area with clean hands during the healing process. Any scabbing, flaking or dry skin will naturally exfoliate off. Avoid sleeping on your face for 2 weeks after each treatment.
- Once healed, you must always protect your brows against sun exposure, this is crucial for long-lasting brows. We recommend using a lip balm stick with high SPF when you are going to be exposed to the sun.
- Frequent sun bed use will fade microblading prematurely and colour boosters will be required sooner with no discount.
- The better you look after your microbladed brows, the longer they will last. Our skin changes as we age so eventually the permanent makeup will look more powdered. This happens with all semi-permanent makeup procedures.